A place for the region to engage, collaborate, and advocate
to advance equity for children
Located North of Delmar at the edge of the Grand Center Arts District, the Center will provide convening and office space for child advocates, civic leaders and community organizers to promote policy to enhance the well-being of children. The 21,000 square foot facility will include meeting rooms, classrooms, and community spaces for up to 125 people and the administrative offices for Deaconess Foundation, Vision for Children at Risk, and Neighborhood Houses. The center will open in the winter of 2017.
Highlights & Commitments:
- Proximity to missional and philanthropic partners.
- Building will reflect Deaconess' faith heritage
- Alignment with North Central Plan and St. Louis Social Innovation District strategies.
- 35% Minority Business Enterprise participation; 15% Women Business Enterprise participation
- Space will be available at no charge to endeavors focused on improving public policy for children
- Co-location with a UCC-related youth service provider and a long-term child advocacy intermediary
- Land purchased from respected child advocacy organization (Voices for Children)
Design-Build Firm: KAI Design-Build (Minority Business Enterprise)
Construction Manager: Kwame Building Group (Minority Buisness Enterprise)
Project Manager: Elizabeth Noonan (United Church of Christ)